Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sickcation

Since about last Wednesday, Geoff and I have been on a little bit of a Sickcation. Geoff has been battling quite the toothache, but I guess that's what happens when you haven't been the dentist since high school.  He broke down on Wednesday and called to make a dentist appointment for Monday.  We ended up at the Doctors on Thursday morning with an emergency visit.  His face was so so so so swollen and he was in a lot of pain, and trust me, no one has ever experienced pain like Geoff Karhoff has experienced pain.  Unfortunately we were sent home with antibiotics and Vicodin to take care of a nasty infection that was hindering the Dentist from doing his job.  So we I was in store for a fun, fun weekend.  Luckily the meds took care of the infection and the pain until Monday morning when the tooth came out.  Geoff named his tooth Henry (pronounced the French way like "ahnrey") since it was being so ornery.  Today it was back to work for both of us since I got to partake in Sickcation on Thursday and Monday.  I was really thankful for this though because we got to spend some much needed time together.  I feel like I hardly get to see my Husband anymore, and we loved every moment we got to be together. 

Things learned during Sickcation: 
1. Geoff's insurance ROCKS
2. Vicodin only costs $2.30.  A-MAZ-ING
3. Geoff is super fun on Vicodin.  Super fun.
4. We both could get used to sitting around and doing nothing.  No wonder so many people live of the government.
5. Geoff does not like pictures taken of him whilst sick.  Hence no pictures of Geoff's chipmunk cheek.  :(
6. Tooth aches are no fun, so make sure you brush your teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment